Friday, March 12, 2010

Don't want to turn the pages again

JLea and I had a forbidden conversation today. We were discussing books, off-blog.

The topic: re-reading books.

Neither one of us is a big re-reader.

In fact, I can count on my fingers the books I have deliberately read more than once.

Sadly, there are a number of books I have excitedly checked out of the library only to get a chapter in and realize I've already read them.

I really do have to start keeping better track.

Several broken New Year's resolutions involved notebooks listing book titles and ratings systems. But by about the third week of January I'd find myself returning books to the library without having noted them and then I'd chuck the concept as just too complicated.

My husband has the same mental block when it comes to movies. He'll settle in to watch of film on OnDemand only to be told by someone else in the house that we all watched that movie a week earlier. Sigh.

For some reason I enjoy rewatching movies though. I find it almost impossible to flip past "Dirty Dancing" or "Shawshank Redemption" no matter how many times I've seen them.

Guess it's just one more way the book experience differs from the film experience.

- Tricia Ambrose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home