Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Did your favorite make the list?

I will confess to being a compulsive list-maker.

So deep is my addiction that if I have actually accomplished tasks before writing the list, I will still write them down only to cross them off seconds later.

Ahhh. Accomplishment.

Perhaps sadder than my love of list-making is my love of list-reading.

So I was intrigued when my daughter got an e-mail from the College Board touting 101 Great Books recommended for college-bound readers.

The list includes such expected entries as "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte, "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner and "The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck.

I have read most of them and would like to put a few on my list of upcomings (I'm still gearing up for a reread of Hemingway so it may be a while before I get to them). I've not read Flannery O'Connor's "A Good Man is Hard to Find" but I'm intrigued.

Check out the complete list and happy reading!

- Tricia Ambrose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home