Friday, April 12, 2013

The 25 books every kid should have on their bookshelf

Flavorwire published a list of The 25 Books Every Kid Should Have on Their Bookshelf, with selections ranging from illustrated classics to novels to poetry.

Reading through this list made me a bit nostalgic for all the reading I did in the 1990s. My favorite on the list? "Charlotte's Web."

Which books on the list are your favorite? What other books would you add?


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have to admit that I'd never heard of some of these. And that I must be missing something with Wind in the Willows. I couldn't get through it as a child, and I couldn't get through it when I tried again as an adult. Oh well. And I was so thrilled to see The Phantom Tollbooth on the list. It's been one of my Top 5 favorite books ever since my third grade teacher read it to our class. And, just based on my daughter's own enjoyment of them, I'd add Little House in the Big Woods or, really, the Little House series as a whole.

April 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home