Saturday, October 16, 2010

I love used book sales

My OSU sweatshirt attracted plenty
of butterflies in the Glasshouse at the
Cleveland Botanical Garden.
The warm weather and used book sale going on at the Cleveland Botanical Garden (plus a free admission pass I had sitting around) made it the perfect weekend to explore the beautiful grounds in University Circle. I thought the books would be primarily about gardening, botany, flowers, trees and other nature-based subjects that would have been of little or no interest to me beyond the pretty pictures. Instead, I discovered thousands of children's books, chick lit, novels, biographies, self-help titles and more filled the tables next to the nature books.

I have trouble passing up used book sales because you find such great deals on titles you might otherwise never come across, or reasonable prices for books you never would have paid full price for. I left the sale with $1 book of Roald Dahl stories for myself and a $1 book for my boyfriend.

If you're not up to watching the Browns at the Steelers on Sunday afternoon, consider heading to University Circle to check out the gardens (weather expected to be sunny with temperatures in the low 60s), and stop by the library to see what's for sale -- you never know what you'll find.
(Admission is $8.50 for adults, and garage parking is $5 in Garden visitors.)

-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Adam Victor Lattimore said...

Nothing quite like the feeling of being pleasantly surprised while book shopping. Great Post :)

October 17, 2010 at 5:21 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home