Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Concord author borrows from Lake County locations for fictional work

R.L. Anderson Jr. is a resident of Concord Township who grew up in Lake County.  The self-employed small businessman is working on his Will Nickerson Mysteries series, which he recently emailed me about.

Anderson writes:
My first novel, Ranch Park, is set at a fictional theme park that has some similarities to Lake Metroparks Farmpark, but I have located it near a fictional town that I call New Oslo, North Dakota. I chose North Dakota because I had a ranch there for awhile and know that state very well and wanted to write a novel with a North Dakota setting. My second novel, It's A Place For Trees, takes place at a fictional arboretum that has a few similarities to both Holden and Penitentiary Glen, but I've located it in my dad's home state of Pennsylvania, also near a fictional town. I have a third novel in the works. All feature Will Nickerson, a small town businessman turned amateur detective. They are light and easy reading mysteries, with a touch of very light and playful romance woven in, along with lots of action, suspense and surprise, and, although I have adult readers in mind, the language is 100% clean.

Check out R.L. Anderson's author page on Amazon for more information on the author and his books. From there -- and for just $6 -- you can get the Kindle edition of both of his books (or, borrow them for free through the Kindle Owners' Lending Library). Anderson also said he occasionally offers free promos.

Another author I previously profiled: Annmarie Cleversey, who used Painesville and Morley Library as inspiration for her Hailey Hanson Mysteries.

Are you an author in the area or one who has taken inspiration from the beauty of Lake and Geauga counties? Drop me a line so I can share your work with my blog's readers.


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home