Monday, April 11, 2011

How have libraries affected you and your family?

Amber Chapman, one of our Community Media Lab bloggers, wrote a post last night about taking your family to the library for National Library Week.

It looks like she has had quite a few positive experiences with public libraries, and National Library Week is a great time to express that.

I know I have had similar positive experiences to Amber. My parents would regularly take my sisters and me to the library, where we would fill up our bags with as many books as we would carry. We always won the summer reading contests at school, and my great experiences with libraries is part of what motivated me to get my master's in library and information science.

Check out Amber's blog post, and feel free to comment here or there on what libraries have meant to you and your family.


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl


(P.S.: Have your own blog you want on our Community Media Lab? Email communitymedialab@news-herald.com. Find out more about becoming a Media Lab blogger by clicking here.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home